Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet Stop at the Seaport

My husband and I were walking around the South Street Seaport the other night, trying to decide if we liked the area enough to take the plunge and sign on an apartment nearby. After a nice Italian dinner at Il Brigante, we walked up the block to Jack's Stir Brew, since I had heard they sell awesome cookies. We got there just as they were locking up for the night. But without any window banging or sad puppy looks on our part, a Jack's employee ran right over when he saw us and opened the doors. He said they were closing but might still be able to make us a drink or something. When I told him I just wanted to try one of their chocolate chip cookies, he grabbed us four. Free of charge! All around great place: awesome cookies, awesome customer service, and awesome location....we decided to move (and I'm more than a little excited to have this place close by!).

So this cookie is classic but somehow very unusual, which is why I like it so much. I actually enjoyed it more and more with each bite. It wasn't very buttery, but still had a rich, earthy flavor. I can't really put my finger on what made it taste so unique, but there's definitely a secret ingredient. Is there coffee in there (which would be fitting since Jack's Stir Brew is primarily a coffee shop)? I don't know, and I guess it's hard for this Mormon to be an expert on the flavor of coffee! Soft, chewy, dense, and the perfect size (it's not embarrassing to hold the whole thing in your hand and eat it!).

Other locations: 138 W 10th St in the West Village

No comments:

Post a Comment